This was going to be my Labor Day weekend…Learn WordPress, fix the pond pump, play with the dog. But blogger Jillian surprised me (1) by finding me! and (2) by awarding me with the Versatile Blogger Award in my first week of blogging! I did play with the dog, of course, and I did fix the pond pump (more on that later, when I actually learn WordPress). I am especially gratified that she awarded me with the Versatile award because I’ve always prided myself on being eclectic, versatile, unfocused (hey, wait a minute…who said that?…and stop talking to my mom).
I can see why Jillian also received the Inspiration Award, because she has certainly inspired me to keep going. Be sure to check her out http://jilliankermani.wordpress.com . I’m so flattered by her compliment: https://obsessivehobbyist.wordpress.com/ – fairly new blog, but I love it all so far! The name says it all.. she has a lot of different interests!
• So the rules…
• Display the award certificate on your blog.
• Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
• Present seven awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
• Post seven interesting facts about yourself.
Bloggers I award…
- Sumpretty — Jeannie is a friend IRL who inspires me daily. She’s a curator of all things pretty, and her blog is filled with pretty pictures of pretty things, and thought-provoking ideas.
- CultFitz — Awesome fashion photographer, but I really love his travel/documentary blogs, like this recent one of the Salton Sea.
- Phototrips — Another IRL friend, April at Your Photo Travel Guide is an amazing photographer and beautiful writer. She’s not afraid to share her secrets!
- The Hollywood Know — So, I guess I have a lot of Real Life friends who are bloggers… Paulette Cohn is the real deal — a major television fan with inside access and enthusiasm.
- Thomas Hawk — Well, I just love this guy! He’s not only a fabulous, prolific photographer, he’s an indefatigable evangelist for all things photographic, digital, and tech. He gave me a big break on Google+ when he included me in his “2,000 Kick-Ass Photographers on Google+” circle, and I will always be grateful. And he’s the ultimate Obsessive Hobbyist — he has a full-time day job in addition to his photography empire.
- Lotus Carroll (aka Sarcastic Mom) — This adorable blogger is not afraid to share anything! Her photos are amazing and her life is fun to follow.
- The Everywhereist — The travel photographer/blogger with a brain tumor named Steve.
OK… seven interesting facts (you be the judge)…
- Originally from Blue Springs, Missouri, I’ve been in Los Angeles for over 2 decades. I love LA — it can be whatever you want it to be. And I’m so happy I got to grow up in the midwest — what an idyllic childhood I had.
- I’m crazy dog lady. My current dog obsession is Colby, a rescued Australian shepherd who loves, cuddles, and occasionally eats his own poop (tmi?).
- I can’t live without Diet Dr. Pepper and Twizzlers.
- I’m starting to run out of interesting facts.
- I’m a hobbyist photographer and my friends all indulge me when we travel because of the photo books afterwards.
- I have a fabulous job working in Interactive Media (websites, mobile, digital stuff) at CBS Television Distribution, the syndication arm of CBS Corporation.
- PLEASE rescue your next pet!! I’m an obsessive volunteer for The Rescue Train. Our annual fundraising event, benefitting Los Angeles-area rescue groups, is October 7, 2012, at the famous Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Jane Lynch (“Glee”) hosts…details at Race for the Rescues.