If you’re in Los Angeles this weekend, come on out to the RACE FOR THE RESCUES at the famous Rose Bowl in Pasadena THIS SUNDAY. Major FUN benefits non-profit animal rescue groups.
Check out last year’s fun here:
Proceeds from photo purchases go to the animals!
This beautiful beast is a RESCUE. Colby (his original name was Kobe, but I hate Kobe Bryant) was 3 years old when he was rescued from a San Diego-area animal shelter by a local Australian Shepherd rescue group. He’s been with me for almost 9 years now, and is one of many reasons that I volunteer for an LA-area rescue group called The Rescue Train, http://TheRescueTrain.org . We’re currently vying for a cash award from Chase on Facebook that would allow us to make a mobile spay/neuter program available — that’s the way to make a difference in pet over-population.
If you have TWO MINUTES to spare, please click on the link below and go to Facebook and VOTE for the Rescue Train. It’s easy…it’s free…and it will make a difference. Thank you so much for your consideration.
UPDATE: WE DID IT — WE WON A $10,000 GRANT FROM CHASE!!! Awesome.
One of the things I obsess about is dogs…and animal rescue. My own Colby, a pure-bred Australian Shepherd (many photos to come), is a rescue from a San Diego-area shelter.
This beauty is long-gone, but there are plenty more available and you can meet many of them at the upcoming Race for the Rescues, sponsored by The Rescue Train and benefitting Los Angeles-area non-profit animal rescue organizations. It’s Sunday, October 7 at the famous Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. Once again hosted by the fabulous JANE LYNCH of “Glee.” Details here: http://RaceForTheRescues.org
If you can’t attend but would like to make a contribution, I’m happy to take your money! Click here: http://www.racefortherescues.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1012420&supId=366811129
This was going to be my Labor Day weekend…Learn WordPress, fix the pond pump, play with the dog. But blogger Jillian surprised me (1) by finding me! and (2) by awarding me with the Versatile Blogger Award in my first week of blogging! I did play with the dog, of course, and I did fix the pond pump (more on that later, when I actually learn WordPress). I am especially gratified that she awarded me with the Versatile award because I’ve always prided myself on being eclectic, versatile, unfocused (hey, wait a minute…who said that?…and stop talking to my mom).
I can see why Jillian also received the Inspiration Award, because she has certainly inspired me to keep going. Be sure to check her out http://jilliankermani.wordpress.com . I’m so flattered by her compliment: https://obsessivehobbyist.wordpress.com/ – fairly new blog, but I love it all so far! The name says it all.. she has a lot of different interests!
• So the rules…
• Display the award certificate on your blog.
• Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
• Present seven awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
• Post seven interesting facts about yourself.
Bloggers I award…
- Sumpretty — Jeannie is a friend IRL who inspires me daily. She’s a curator of all things pretty, and her blog is filled with pretty pictures of pretty things, and thought-provoking ideas.
- CultFitz — Awesome fashion photographer, but I really love his travel/documentary blogs, like this recent one of the Salton Sea.
- Phototrips — Another IRL friend, April at Your Photo Travel Guide is an amazing photographer and beautiful writer. She’s not afraid to share her secrets!
- The Hollywood Know — So, I guess I have a lot of Real Life friends who are bloggers… Paulette Cohn is the real deal — a major television fan with inside access and enthusiasm.
- Thomas Hawk — Well, I just love this guy! He’s not only a fabulous, prolific photographer, he’s an indefatigable evangelist for all things photographic, digital, and tech. He gave me a big break on Google+ when he included me in his “2,000 Kick-Ass Photographers on Google+” circle, and I will always be grateful. And he’s the ultimate Obsessive Hobbyist — he has a full-time day job in addition to his photography empire.
- Lotus Carroll (aka Sarcastic Mom) — This adorable blogger is not afraid to share anything! Her photos are amazing and her life is fun to follow.
- The Everywhereist — The travel photographer/blogger with a brain tumor named Steve.
OK… seven interesting facts (you be the judge)…
- Originally from Blue Springs, Missouri, I’ve been in Los Angeles for over 2 decades. I love LA — it can be whatever you want it to be. And I’m so happy I got to grow up in the midwest — what an idyllic childhood I had.
- I’m crazy dog lady. My current dog obsession is Colby, a rescued Australian shepherd who loves, cuddles, and occasionally eats his own poop (tmi?).
- I can’t live without Diet Dr. Pepper and Twizzlers.
- I’m starting to run out of interesting facts.
- I’m a hobbyist photographer and my friends all indulge me when we travel because of the photo books afterwards.
- I have a fabulous job working in Interactive Media (websites, mobile, digital stuff) at CBS Television Distribution, the syndication arm of CBS Corporation.
- PLEASE rescue your next pet!! I’m an obsessive volunteer for The Rescue Train. Our annual fundraising event, benefitting Los Angeles-area rescue groups, is October 7, 2012, at the famous Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Jane Lynch (“Glee”) hosts…details at Race for the Rescues.